Name: Gergely Vass
Born: 18. October 1978, Budapest
- 2009 - Present: Colorfront - Computer Vision project lead
- 2008 - Present: Computer Graphics World - Contributing writer
- 2005 - 2009: Autodesk - Media and Entertainment Division: developer in the Image Science Team (2 years in Montreal)
- 2002 - 2005 Colorfront: developer
- 2001 - Leonardo SNS: CG Academy (CG Akadémia, course on theory of 3d graphics) founder and tutor
- 2001 - 2002 Hungarian Film Laboratories, FrontFilm Studio: 3D technical director
- 2000 - 2001 Leonardo SNS: Maya tutor
- 1998 - 2001 FrontFilm: 3D technical director
Flame-Inferno 2007 Extension 1: new automatic 3D tracker module
Flame-Inferno 2008: Distort module, new featues
Lustre 2008: Shape Tracker, point tracker
Flame-Inferno 2009: Automatic stabilizer node
Major film projects:
Hippolyt, (Hungarian feature film) main title
Corvin cinema, main title
Sacra Corona, (Hungarian feature film) special effects
Bank Ban, (Hungarian feature film) special effects
- 1998 - 2003 Technical University of Budapest, Technical Informatics (Computer Science), M.Sc. Degree
- 1995 - 1996 Walter Johnson Highschool, USA Maryland Bethesda
- 1993 - 1998 Árpád Gymnasium Budapest, special math class
- 2003 - Master's Thesis Prize, Hungarian Chamber of Engineers.
- 2003 - Outstanding Master's Thesis Award, II. place, Foundation for the Technological Progress of the Industry.
- 2002, 2003 - Hungarian Conference on Computer Graphics and Geometry, voted for II. best speech by the audience.
- 2001 - Conference of the Scientific Research Circles of Students (TDK), Technical University of Budapest, I. place.
Other professional activities:
- Publishing articles
- Participation in international conferences and exhibitions SIGGRAPH, IBC, NAB
- Consulting in the field of 2d/3d computer graphics
Travel, web 2.0, sport, movies, books, heavy metal, Simon (our dog)